Open Water Diver
This is the ticket to all the excitement and fun SCUBA diving has to offer. During pool training and instructor guided theory sessions you will gain all the necessary skills and knowledge a SCUBA diver needs to enjoy the fun in a safe way. Your instructor will also take you on four dives in open water. There, you will have a chance to interact with the creatures of the sea, as well as demonstrate the techniques for safe, enjoyable diving with your instructor. This course is available as Junior Open Water Diver for your Kids between 10 and 15 to make diving a great family experience! If you can't wait to begin your adventure, then check out the PADI e-Learning option to get started right now!
- Why PADI Open Water? As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
- What do I need to start? Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. You must be older than the age of 14 to begin the PADI Open Water Diver program. If you are between 10 and 14 or have a child between these ages, there is a PADI Junior Open Water Diver program available.
- A PADI Jr Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- What will I do? Throughout the course, you’ll learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or lake) dives.
- How long will it take? PADI programs are performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you
No more time to lose? Click on the following link and get started right away! PADI e-Learning is a great way to do your studying at home and just go through the practical part durign your vacation at Playas del Coco!